Father’s Day Restaurant Promotional Ideas
Father’s Day is less than two weeks away. With it being such a busy day for restaurants, you should be prepared to make it special with Father’s Day promotions. Our advice? Promote early and promote often. June is usually a busy month for most people with graduations and summer break, so make your offers known. Post your restaurant’s promotions on social media and even consider a few Facebook ads to expand your reach. You should also post advertisements throughout the restaurant the day of the promotion.
Father’s Day Restaurant Promotions
Your promotions for father’s day can be simple, or it can be as big of an undertaking as you want to make it! Here are a few fun ideas to prepare and promote your restaurant for Father’s Day:
- The first 20 dads get a free entrée- You could do this for a specific entrée such as steak or for any entrée in general.
- Father’s day week- Since not everyone will celebrate Father’s Day on June 18th, consider offering a promotion each day of the week. There are plenty of promotions you could offer such as half off appetizers or fathers eat free day.
- Signature dad drink- Make Dad feel special with a signature Father’s Day drink. How about offering a Manhattan or Rusty Nail for half price to all dads? You could even consider half price on all beer.
- Bonus gift card with purchase of gift card- Why not give something extra to those purchasing a gift card? You could do $5 increments for every $25 spent.
- Social media photo contest- A ‘best throwback picture of Dad’ contest would be a great way to engage followers. Whatever photo contest you do, make it fun! Give your followers ample time to submit a photo so you have plenty of choices. You could offer the winning father a voucher for a free entrée. If you choose to pick a runner-up, you could offer a voucher for a free drink or appetizer.
- Dad MVP Contest- Run an “MVP Dad” father-child contest. Have participants submit a photo and an essay about why their father is an MVP Dad. The winner could receive a free dinner for the whole family.
- Make it kid friendly- On Father’s Day, expect children at your restaurant. Make sure you are stocked up on coloring pages, crayons, and high chairs.
It’s About the Effort
No matter what father’s day promotions you choose, your efforts will not go unnoticed by diners. Your diners will appreciate it and so will dads. Looking for some tips on making the day memorable at your restaurant? Check out this How to Make Mother’s Day Memorable at Your Restaurant blog and apply the tips to Father’s Day.
Want to get the scoop on everything restaurant tech, marketing, industry news, and more? We got you covered. Subscribe to our award-winning blog to get weekly updates on the most buzzworthy restaurant industry topics.
About the Author
Emily Wimpsett was a Content & Social Media Specialist at QSR Automations. Emily was born and raised in Louisville, but considers herself a die-hard University of Kentucky fan. For college, Emily attended Indiana University Southeast and obtained a degree in Communications with a track in Advertising. In her free time, Emily enjoys just about every water related activity, but she is partial to kayaking and whitewater rafting.