Restaurant Industry Roundup: Coronavirus Restaurant Special’s Edition
As the CV-19 pandemic has impacted restaurants around the world, restaurateurs are struggling to stay in operation after many cities have shuttered or limited public gatherings. To do this, owners and operators have pivoted to new strategies to keep in touch with customers confined by quarantine. Already, we’ve seen restaurants that are offering delivery and pickup options since customers can’t dine in right now, which is why we put together this handy resource for our restaurant industry roundup: coronavirus edition.
Whether it’s in a few weeks or a few months, this pandemic will pass. Scientists are working around the clock right now on a vaccine or other stop-gap measures to get the world back on track. So we know that eventually, the world will turn and we’ll go back to our normal, whatever that is, and when you do, you’ll likely want to go out for dinner to shake off that cabin fever.
What can you do to help the restaurant community hang in there during troubled times? In our restaurant industry roundup: coronavirus edition, we’ve put together a list of restaurants that are offering deals on off-premise options for customers to continue to be able to enjoy their favorite foods while supporting an industry that employs more than 15.3 million employees every year in the U.S. alone.
- IHOP – Get 20% off your first online order with code IHOP20. There is no minimum amount to qualify, just use the code at checkout. Applies for both delivery and pickup orders that start online.
- Red Robin To-Go – Red Robin is offering Curbside, Delivery, and Pickup at locations.
- Boston Pizza – 50% off any medium or large pizza when you buy 2 with the Pizza Deal. Add two pizzas to your cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.
- Limited Time Offer: Free Delivery. There is a minimum and conditions may apply. Visit their website and enter your information to see if the offer is available in your area.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Limited time: Wing Tuesday, BOGO traditional wings when ordered to go or for delivery. Boneless Thursday, BOGO boneless wings when ordered to go for delivery.
- Cheesecake Factory – Now through April 16, get a free slice of cheesecake with an online pickup order of $30 or more. Use code FREESLICE at checkout.
- No delivery fee on any order of $15 or more when ordered through DoorDash.
- Red Lobster – Free delivery on orders of $30 or more through March 29.
- KFC – Free delivery on orders placed through GrubHub.
- Veggie Grill – $1.99 delivery for all orders.
- Walk-Ons Sports Bistreaux – Choose the closest Walk-Ons location and call the to-go number for a 20% discount off the entire order.
- Order through delivery apps for special promotions and a free cookie with the purchase of an entrée. Order on WAITR for free delivery on orders $30 or more with code WALKONS.
This list isn’t comprehensive, but it’s a great place to start as we all practice social distancing and a great way to continue supporting the restaurant industry. We can all help each and come together for a better tomorrow!
Have any tips on restaurant deals out there? Have any home town heroes with specials? Let us know at the link!
About the Author
Devyn Nance is the Marketing Coordinator at QSR Automations. She graduated from the University of Louisville with a bachelor’s degree in Communication and from Loyola University Chicago with a master’s degree in Global Strategic Communication. She considers herself an (amateur) profiler – trained solely from watching every episode of Criminal Minds. Outside of work, Devyn loves to shop, travel, hang out with friends and family, read, and watch shows on various streaming platforms.